This is a blog for the family and friends of Elder Lance Thomas Montgomery. He will be serving a two year mission in the Monrovia Liberia West Africa Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on April 18, 2013. While Elder Montgomery is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Lance (unless otherwise noted) - but spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Elder Montgomery has been out for 94 days!!!

Hey Family,
To answer your question Mom no I haven't gotten the package yet but I am learning to be patient.  That was the Christ like attribute I worked on this week, and I am getting better at it. Please send me a jump rope I am starting to get fat and I need something to help me out with cardio because I really can’t go running. Please put in there a roll of clear packing tape… oh and my retainer has a crack in it but I still use it, but I don’t know how long it will last… also a pack of deodorant from Costco just to be safe.
About my week, it’s been pretty good!  I finished the book "Our Search for Happiness" and I’m working on a book called "Our Heritage", it’s another book in the missionary library. I am learning to love to read!  Because we have a lot of down time and extra study time since we have to be in by seven pm since there is no lights at night in our proselyting area and to keep us safe. This past Sunday I had the chance to give a talk in sacrament meeting and I chose to talk about the Atonement… it was awesome!!!  I learned so much about it and when I testified of it, I definitely felt the spirit. The Atonement is the Best thing that has happened to mankind, He is the only one that through Him we can be saved and be cleansed from our sin. I testify that the Atonement works and that it is REAL. But it’s up to us to apply it to our lives.
As far as our teaching its going pretty good we do some good contacting so that when someone doesn't want to study with us or is busy we have people to teach. There are two college students that we teach and I love teaching them because I can speak my regular English instead of kuloqua (broken Liberian English) and they have great question, we just got to get them to come to church…no we haven’t had a baptism since the last one I told you about because Elder Zolo and I took a step back and said that we wanted to make sure that these people are truly becoming converted instead of teaching everything and baptizing and then them never coming to church. Becoming a member of His church is not something to take lightly, because it en-tales making a promise with our Father in Heaven that will that’s FOREVER. I love my companion, the work is going great and all is well… how is everyone back home you got to keep me updated about Marci and Maddy because she doesn’t email me anymore. ..We’ll here is a list of scriptures that I think are awesome share them with the girls please, Alma 7:23; Mosiah 3:12,17; Alma 5:31-38... Those are some good ones that I found and that I liked…. well mom I love you and miss you very much I’m excited for you to go to Oklahoma for a week tell everyone there hello and email me pictures of you with the grandparents while you are there… have an awesome week beautiful!!!!
LOVE,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment