This is a blog for the family and friends of Elder Lance Thomas Montgomery. He will be serving a two year mission in the Monrovia Liberia West Africa Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he left on April 18, 2013. While Elder Montgomery is on his mission his Mom will be posting pictures and letters as she gets them, the content will be straight from Lance (unless otherwise noted) - but spelling and punctuation will be corrected of course! Commentary and clarification may be added by his Mom as needed.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hey mom,
    Today we went to the temple. It was amazing, that temple is so beautiful. It was awesome to see the elders that have never gotten to go through for the first time. I actually got to help another member with some of it. The mtc has been awesome!!! I am slowly adjusting to the hummitity. I don't even sleep with a top sheet on me at night just the sheet underneath me. The food is different, for two of the meals we had tuna with our rice I tried a little the first time but at dinner that night I gave my piece of fish to my companion, he's from Sierra Leone so he loves fish, he is also 24,  we are doing good together. I did get everyones emails, tell everyone that I say hi and that I love them. I honsetly don't know if ill get to email in Sierra Leone but I hope I will!!! cuz its easier than writing letters. I attached some pictures of the temple and my companion. I cannot wait to go out in the field and start teaching!!!  The Gospel is true and the Atonement is real, I know because I have seen it work in my life. Tell everyone that our Father in Heaven loves them very much and he wants them to return to live with him. I know that to be true and I can testify of that love!!!
 
 Love
   Elder Montgomery 

No comments:

Post a Comment